As the digits move on and 2015 turns to 2016, we tend to look back on the year and choose an area in our lives that we might want to improve with our New Year’s resolutions:
- Lots of people choose health: exercise, lose weight, eat better.
- Others choose money: save more, spend less.
- We all want to change habits: stop smoking, manage stress
- Some of us say this is the year our relationships will change: we’ll find or improve one.
Few people choose their driving as an area in need of improvement, but statistics show us that a lot of people could be making better choices on the road.
And that’s usually all it is: choices. It’s not a matter of taking a driving course, or practicing cornering at high speeds. It’s doing a few things that ensure the safety of oneself, one’s passengers, and others on the road. Here are the 3 pretty simple resolutions that we all should be making:
- Not drinking and driving. This is number 1. And we don’t just mean stopping when you’ve had two or three – that’s too many. It’s a bad idea to drive with any alcohol in theblood. This year, switch to soft drinks in plenty of time to let the alcohol process out of your system. Or else plan for a designated driver or a taxi.
- Not driving while distracted. Put down the phone. Driving with half a brain and no eyes on the road is rapidly becoming a frightening public safety problem.
- Buckling up. This is so easy, yet we see so many collisions that could have been easy on everyone but for the lack of a seat belt.
There. That wasn’t too bad, was it? A few simple decisions and your road safety is boosted big time Please check in with us from time to time and let us know how you’re doing with your New Year’s resolutions. Until then, Happy New Year from Monitech.