You’ve probably got plans for Super Bowl Sunday, and it probably involves friends, food, and drink, as well as, of course, the Eagles-Patriots game.
Here’s something to ponder: have you thought about getting home after the game? Whether you’re attending a party, just getting together with friends, or heading down to a sports bar, if you’re drinking you’ll need a sober ride home. If you’re hosting a party, you’ll need to make sure that your friends get home safely.
Here are the elements of your Post-Super Bowl safety strategy:
- Designate a driver now. Don’t wait until the party, and certainly don’t wait until everyone has had a beer.
- If no one agrees to be a DD, then get yourself dropped off at wherever you’ll be watching the game. Arrange a ride for afterwards. You might get hit by surge pricing if you depend on rideshare services, so keep that in mind.
If you’re hosting the Super Bowl gathering, keep these tips in mind:
- Ask your guests to arrange their designated drivers
- Serve food with the drinks. This helps the alcohol get absorbed more slowly.
- Have non-alcoholic drinks available.
- Stop the alcohol for the last quarter. You can bring out dessert with coffee as your excuse.
If you’re the designated driver:
- Drive carefully on Sunday. Not everyone has read these tips, so there will be some impaired drivers out there. You need to be on the defensive.
That’s it. Enjoy the game – see you next week!